Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Am I obligated to use the Mortgage Broker after a rate lock?

I locked in a rate with a mortgage broker yesterday. Am I obligated or did I commit to use that broker? I wished I had shopped around first and I'm wondering if its too late. Thanks!Am I obligated to use the Mortgage Broker after a rate lock?
No, you are not obligated but if the rate lock expires and you try to re-lock, you are subject to the higher pricing. And yes, you would lose your lock-in fee. Many places have stopped charging application and lock-in fees now. So, if they ask you for a fee, go somewhere else. Good Luck! You can always go to other mortgage brokers to check out the rates. Also, see if you qualify for government assisted loans.Am I obligated to use the Mortgage Broker after a rate lock?
no you are not. However, if you gave them a lock in fee, you will loss this.





Shop around and maybe the current lender will give you the same rate.
No you are not obligated to use that particular mortgage broker.
no your not your stupid

No comments:

Post a Comment