Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Will it be easier to obtain a credit card if I have a new mortgage?

My scores are around 620. I have 2 paid collections, 2 paid judgments, 3 credit cards (less than a year old, never late) and a secured loan. The cards I have are for bad credit. I cannot get approved for anything else. I was told that once I close on my house, I will be able to get any card I want. I make enough money to not have to get in a hole again, as most of my debt was from college.Will it be easier to obtain a credit card if I have a new mortgage?
We were told the same thing. We have always paid on bills on time and usually more the amount due. We closed on our house last year and since then we have not been able to get credit. We were told that it is because the house increased our debt to income ratio and most legimate companies will not give you a credit card because you are more likely to default. Wait a couple of years and then apply for credit cards.Will it be easier to obtain a credit card if I have a new mortgage?
i would check with your bank. credit card companies are dying to give cards, its the apr you have to worry about. if your so secure, why would you need another card anyways?
I am right there with you. The only thing is time. The catch to adding a new mortgage if you have the credit for that is you debt to payment ratio. If you can get a mortgage and can pay off more debt go ahead. Just don't put your self in the situation you were in before. Be patient.
actually it may be harder to get another credit card it just depends on how much you put down on your house. If you leave a huge amount left then it will be harder if you pay a lot as a downpayment it will be easier because of the equity you will have in your house. One thing make sure you do not do is just try applying for a lot of cards if your getting denyed it will hurt your score even more.
i'm not sure, but i think this site has the answer to this particular question. they've got lots of stuff about this anyway.
  • pores
  • beauty consultant
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment