Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do I know if my mortgage is freedy mac or fanny mae?

How do I know if my mortgage is with freddy mac or fanny mae? Is there a list of Banks? is it not the bank, but the type of mortgage? I need to know.How do I know if my mortgage is freedy mac or fanny mae?
here are a couple of web sites that should help.


http://makinghomeaffordable.gov/refinanc鈥?/a>


http://loanlookup.fanniemae.com/loanlook鈥?/a>


http://www.firstmortgagecorpcolorado.com鈥?/a>How do I know if my mortgage is freedy mac or fanny mae?
Short answer - there is no way to know for sure. Long answer is longer, but same conclusion.





I find it odd that we cannot know who ';owns'; our mortgages, but that has been the response I have been able to get. I don't think this is right, but there ya go.





You pay your monthly mortgage payment to a servicer or possibly to the entity who ';owns'; the loan. No way to find out until you go into foreclosure.





It is not the type of mortgage, rather the entity that bought the loan after you closed on the purchase of your home. Most of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgages are for conventional loans that ';conform'; to the criteria they set forth (LTV of 80%, no more than a certain max. loan amount, no less than certain credit score, etc.).





They then have a servicing lender who collects the monthly payments, holds the escrow accounts/pays the insurance %26amp; taxes when due, etc. And the servicing lender is the one we deal with whenever we have an ';issue';. But the servicing lender will not tell you who owns your loan.





Why do you need to know? If you are able to f ind out something more conclusive, I hope you will post it here.
To you, the ';end user';, the answer is ';neither';. Your mortgage agreement is between you and your bank. If they sell it off and you're to pay someone else, they'll let you know.





If you can explain a situation why you feel you need to know then those details might help get a better answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment