Sunday, August 22, 2010

I am buying a home and in the process of looking for a mortgage company?

I don't want to make the wrong choice. I live in Maine and have good credit.


Any helpful hints?I am buying a home and in the process of looking for a mortgage company?
Ignore the sharks that will spam you with this post. Most are actually looking for victims, you give them your credit info and they steal your idenity with it.





Ask your real estate rep to suggest someone. I am for keeping money in town and personally use only locals. You can spread out, but do the transaction in person.





Countrywide and Wells Fargo are good mortage companies. I have 10 with Wells Fargo and 4 with Country wide.I am buying a home and in the process of looking for a mortgage company?
Depending where you live most newspapers have a realestate day when most of the home are listed. They will usually list what all of the mortage companies are and what all of the interest rates are along with the points are running. You couls then check reputations of all the companies listed with BBB and chamber of commerce.
You can look for mortgage companies or banks in your local phone book. Call them for a rate quote as well as the closing costs. Make sure also asking for a GFE (good faith estimate that gives the details of the fees associated with your loan.) You can then compare the rates and fees to make a wise choice. I work for a mortgage company that can loan in 50 states in USA, if you are interested, contact me for a quote. I also offer a free appraisal up to $350 toward your closing costs.
Have you checked your personal bank?


As mentioned the paper is a good place to start. You can also go to the lending tree put in your criteria and they send you back quotes from four mortgage companies competeing for your loan.

No comments:

Post a Comment