Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What are my options for filing mortgage, income, property taxes using turbo tax?

I want to file fed state efile the cheapest. I thought I had to use Deluxe.What are my options for filing mortgage, income, property taxes using turbo tax?
You can use the Free version for all of those with no problem (only Federal is free, not state). I know it won't let you do investments in the free one, but the home taxes are fine. The upgrades they suggest while you are filling out your taxes can be dismissed by clicking No Thanks at the bottom. Also, if you click on any of the Learn More links with the free version, it will pop up an upgrade request. Just hit Back or No Thanks.What are my options for filing mortgage, income, property taxes using turbo tax?
Turbo Tax charges you an extra fee to download the state software no matter which package you get. I don't need much help, so I just use the basic. There's even a FREE Turbo Tax which is the same as the BASIC program except that it doesn't include any help files. You can e-file your federal return there for free as well. That's the one I used this year. I bought the standard program and they wanted $17 to e-file. So I went to the web site and did the same return AND e-filed it for FREE.





Check out the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment