Friday, August 20, 2010

What areas of a home mortgage are negotiable in pricing?

I have good credit and I'm getting approxamately the same rate from every lender that I'm talking to. I am also hearing similar rough estimates for closing costs as well. I also keep hearing that I should be shopping lenders for price. Is there something hidden that I'm missing? Is the actual rate negotiable/What areas of a home mortgage are negotiable in pricing?
You should look at not only the interest rate but the APR, points, loan origination fees, etc. You might have similar interest rates but one lender would charge you twice as much in ';junk fees.'; Also see if there's a prepayment penalty and when does it expire. If you sell the home in 18 months and pay of the loan in full will they charge you a $14,000 prepayment penalty?





If you have great credit it's possible that everyone's giving you their best rates because they're dying for your business. You're their ideal client! I'd call one and say, ';Company X said they could do it for 6%. Can you do better than that?'; Maybe they will beat it to get your business. It certainly can't hurt.What areas of a home mortgage are negotiable in pricing?
it varies from state to state, but ask your broker, most closing costs are negotiable, and you should be shopping for the lowest cost loan you can.. and the broker percentage is also negotiable.. don't forget that!

No comments:

Post a Comment